Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ender's Game... Comic Book???

Awesome painting of Ender and Bean in the "Dragon Army" about to go into the "war room."
"Wow! Matt's doing ANOTHER comic book post?!" Yep! (it's kind of the theme of my blog)

"Ender's Game" is one of my favorite books (look at my April post's on why). So you can imagine my pleasant surprise to find out that in 2008 it was made into a comic book! I love that it was made into a comic book because now I can prove to you guys how awesome the medium of comics are. Everyone knows, or should know, about "Ender's Game." Now you can experience it in a comic form and see the benefit of comics.

The video below shows the PERFECT marriage of literature and comics. It is a fan made video, it is the 1st book the comic series with the audio version of "Ender's Game" in the background. This video shows how the artistic format of comics let's your imagination fill in the gaps that the book has to explain word for word. It also showed me things that I never new or glossed over while reading the book. For instance I never knew that Ender had a microchip thing in the back of his neck until reading the comic.
 
I am thoroughly enjoying the comic book and I am getting a different perspective on one of my favorite books.




1 comment:

Karly Barker said...

Ok.. I am officially following the blog and am subscribed! Now dont quiz me or anything but after reading the last few posts I think I am starting to follow along! Lovin it! Going to miss you guys