Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Batman: The Dark Knight Rises


Thanks to stumbleupon.com I was able to find this poster for the new Batman movie called, "The Dark Knight Rises." This poster is awesome! This is the character "Bane" (some of you might remember him from the awful movie "Batman and Robin" starring the Govenator, he is the guy with all the tubes coming out of his back) but in classic Christopher Nolan (the director of "Inception","Batman Begins", and "The Dark Knight") he has gone the more darker route. I can't tell you how excited I am for this movie. Anne Hathaway will be playing Catwoman and Tom Hardy (The British guy in inception) will be playing Bane. Bane in the comic books is one of Batman's most formidable foes. He is incredibly strong thanks to a toxin that he injects into himself that beefs him up. He also is one of Batman's smartest villians, not the bumbling idiot portrayed in "Batman and Robin." His most famous moment in the comics is when he broke Batman's back! "The Dark Knight Rises" will be the final installment of the trilogy and comes out in the summer of 2012. Considering that "The Dark Knight"total worldwide grossing was 1.1 Billion and the only other movie that was higher grossing than that was "Avatar" I am guessing this should be a monumental movie.

Stumbleupon.com has been a great experience. It is a great great place to go if you want to find something new. I typed in my intrests and this was the first thing that it showed me. This picture didn't even show up on my usual movie websites. I highly highly recommend using stumbleupon.com.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure how I feel about Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. I hope Nolan can pull that off, because that casting makes me nervous. But the poster is awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman also has me a bit nervous, but I'm just happy that Maggie Gyllenhaal won't be in this one.
This is a great movie poster. I love the direction Nolan has gone with the Batman movies.

alymarie said...

I can't help agreeing with the previous two comments. Anne Hathaway? Are they sure?
But I must say that I've also loved stumbleupon, though I've yet to find something really worthwhile. I always enjoy it, though! Have any of you found something that has been really important for you?

Unknown said...

Just so you know this is photoshopped look at the cover of the movie "The Collector" That is the exact same mask on the cover. Madd props to whomever did this photoshop work though.

Josh said...

Jeff is right I thoroughly looked at the cover of the collecter and there are some pretty big similarities. Also Chris Nolan said he may not use the Luchador mask so we don't know what Bane is going to look like.