Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I Heard Back!

Wow it has been a while since my last post, sorry about that. I know you were all missing your comic updates.

Anyways I have some good news. A week ago I reached out to a Bobby Rubio, a comic artist who's blog I started to follow once I became a blogger. He has his own comic called "Alcatraz High" and he has worked on several main stream X-Men comic books. This is one of his recent drawings he made for memorial day weekend.

I asked him if he could do a drawing for my blog and if he could shed some light on whether or not comics are literature. This is what he said.

"Hi Matt,
Thanks for the kind words! I am crazy busy with juggling my job and fatherhood, so with the meager free time I have, I use it to do drawings for my blog. But, I will be free to do commission sketches and drawings at this years Comic Con. I don't do caricatures. So, maybe you can find someone who does. Anyways, good luck with everything and I wish all the best with your blog and BYU classes!"


Now he didn't answer my question or do a drawing for me, but man does it feel cool to connect with others. This is everything we have been talking about in class, connecting with others with similar interests. I just heard back from someone who is in the industry that I love. I never thought I would ever be so bold to write to someone like this let alone have correspondence. He actually put a link on his blog to my blog! What a great feeling. I feel like everything I have worked towards in this class with this blog and connecting with others has come to fruition.



No comments: